Thursday, September 20, 2007

No such thing as spoiled?


I have been staying at my parents' house more often since I am not working. Eli loves having someone to constantly hold him. (aka meme) Paw Paw does give her some good competition. But then when I get back home he's looking around like "somebody pick me up now!" And I try as much as I can, but sometimes it's just impossible. When he's awake he wants all my attention, and if the phone rings or I get hungry and have to put him down, he has a thra-ca (sp?). "They" say you can't spoil an infant but there must be some other term defined as allowing another human being to assume, correctly, that they are the center of the universe, and can have or do whatever they desire. And you CAN do that to an infant. I seem to find myself lacking enough arms to do all the things that need to be done on a daily basis, carrying him around while trying to blow dry my hair, change the channel on the remote, or vacuum. And then magically, when he falls asleep, I'm all done with my chores and I just watch him sleeping and that is when I want to hold him. But I know better, because if I do, he will, without a doubt, wake up, and then a to-do list suddenly falls from the sky. So for now I will just accept the bad timing. And blame his "not" being spoiled on meme.

No comments:

Swagbucks Widget