Thursday, August 9, 2012

Things I want my boys to know...

I want to prepare my boys for life in the real world, to be able to survive out there, with or without a woman. I want them to know their way around the kitchen just as well as under the hood of their car. At 2 and 5 they can only do so much, but as they get older they will be in charge of things....not because I'm lazy, but because I want them to have a learning experience. I want them to be able to cook a nice dinner. To change their own oil. To do their own laundry. Fix a leak. Cut grass. Change a flat. Basic carpentry work and minor home renovations. I want them to feel confident and accomplished. Their wives will thank me. They will get in many years of practice while they are under my roof and I hope that they still want to take care of good old mom for many years after.

1 comment:

Tabitha said...

I love this! It's so smart to start young. Kudos to you! :)

Swagbucks Widget