Sunday, February 22, 2009

Getting a Head Start

Yes I know it's only Sunday, but I am just a little ahead of the game on this Monday's



Well technically I'm not a day early, just a little over an hour early. I felt like if I didn't do it now I might forget. Better early than late right? So what domestic skills am I demonstrating this week?

My latest and greatest project is a t-shirt blanket. All you do is cut up old t-shirts that you no longer wear but can't bear to part with and turn them into a blanket. How cool is that? I got the idea from a magazine a while back. I am actually considering doing two different color schemes since all my old UL Lafayette t's are mostly in grey and red. I can combine darker colors like black/blue etc with those and then do a more "girly" one with pink and white stuff. I have actually bought several shirts on sale lately to use. Have you ever really really liked a shirt on a clearance rack but it was the last one and not your size? This is a great way to justify buying it anyway lol! Nothing is too big or small to go on a t-shirt blanket. If you want to get an idea of what this will look like, check out this one I googled.

1 comment:

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

That's a great tip. My husband and I always have a lot of shirts that we hate to part with. I'll have to consider this.

Swagbucks Widget