Friday, November 20, 2009

~Vacuuming Up Corn Flakes~




















So Eli usually has dry cereal for breakfast...Froot Loops, Apple Jacks, Quaker Oatmeal Squares....but yesterday he insisted on having corn flakes. I'm like "Really? Corn Flakes?" Not in the mood to argue I get him a bowl. Then he says "I wanna do it!!!" and again, not in the mood to argue, I let him pour the cereal into the bowl. He then proceeds to overflow the bowl. I cringed. It would have been no big deal if he was at the kitchen table, right? But he was not at the kitchen table. He was sitting on the floor of my bedroom. So now there are cornflakes all over my carpet. Before I can do anything about it, he starts jumping up and down and smashing them further into the carpet, giggling and clapping.

He then makes little piles here and there and drives his hotwheels over them like an obstacle course. He is just having a blast and I know if I get the vacuum out it will be a scream-fest (b/c he is "skeered" of the noise) so I decide to fix myself something to eat and postpone the cleanup for a bit. I get sidetracked in piles of dirty laundry, stacks of bills, cooking lunch, etc. and I go in the bedroom a few times during the day and say "Oh, I need to vacuum up those corn flakes" but somehow never get around to it.

Then Corey comes home from work and I am juggling trying to cook dinner and dessert, wash the dishes, give Eli a bath, more laundry...and when it's finally bedtime my lovely husband walks into the bedroom to get to his side of the bed, crunching over the corn flakes with his bare feet. He looks down at the carpet with a look of pure disgust, and then at me and says, "You could have at least vacuumed up these corn flakes don't you think?" I just gave him the LOOK. You know, that LOOK.

I figured they wouldn't bother anyone while we were sleeping and I'd do it first thing this morning. And when I go in there and decide to snap a pic and post it here so that you all may find humor in my daily frustrations, I see little pieces of cheese mixed in with the cereal. Nice!

1 comment:

Anne Nicks said...

you just have to love the "i wanna do it" stage :)

Swagbucks Widget