Friday, July 3, 2009

Got a job?

So I have been job hunting for the past...5 years? LOL I have not been unemployed for the past 5 years, but have not found my dream job either. After my 2 year gig as a SAHM it is time for me to start getting paychecks again. So I have been hunting, applying, interviewing, and finally I was offered a job. The hours are lousy and the pay is lousier (sp?) but I accepted. Without.my.husband's.prior.approval. You see, I tried to call him but of course he was sleeping and did not answer. So I got home thinking he would be thrilled with the news, but unfortunately I thought wrong. He is concerned about the hours and (not) being able to find childcare to fit such an odd schedule. He has valid points, and I guess I jumped the gun and took the first job that was offered. I suppose the hunt is still on and I will keep searching until I find something better. What was the job? Inside telemarketing at Gulf South Water Solutions. I was less than thrilled about cold calling, especially during dinner time. But it was a job, that paid. I guess I will call Monday morning to let them know I won't be coming in. Sigh.

No comments:

Swagbucks Widget