Sunday, July 5, 2009

I Am....



haven't done this in a while, but my last entry on a product review got me thinking I should rave about this new cleaning stuff I bought a while back (also at CVS of course!) It's called Dr. Bronner's Magic Pure Castile Soap. And.it.cleans.everything!



















I bought it with the intentions of making my own dishwasher detergent. A local AM mom posted a recipie online and several of us went out and bought all the necessary ingedients. I was waiting to empty out my bottle of storebought detergent so I could refill it with the homemade version, but decided to try it out on something else in the meantime. I cleaned my kitchen floors, the air conditioner register, the countertops, and the bathtubs. It can be diluted to various strengths depending on what it's being used for. So this 32 oz. bottle I bought can be diluted up to 40x! I am no math major but I *think* that would make it one cent per ounce! (if diluted that much of course) The most interesting thing about it is the bottle and the fact that the label is completely covered in writing of all sorts. You won't find much in the way of directions on how to use the product, but if you're looking for religious babble here ya go!

"It wasn't until I'd been using Bronner's for a couple of months that I actually thought to read the label. When I did, what I found was a whole lotta Crazy. See, the late Dr. Bronner was what you might call a little bit of a religious eccentric, and he liked to get his freak on with his product labels. So if you pick up a bottle of his soap, you are likely to be greeted with statements such as:

Absolute cleanliness is Godliness! Who else but God gave man Love that can spark mere dust to life! Poetry, uniting All-One! All brave! All life! Who else but God! "Listen Children Eternal Father Eternally One!"

Yes, the man lurved him some exclamation points. For the full dose of nuttiness, click on the pic and survey the entire landscape of the All-One Holy Jesus Carpenter Rabbi Hillel Extreme Love and Clean Shampoo! (All-One!) It's, um, entertaining.
" -- Me and My Jesus Shampoo


And if you'd like to spend a couple hours studying the actual label, click here.

No comments:

Swagbucks Widget